FLEXIndustries builds on a holistic approach to design and deploy energy efficiency measures and process flexibility methods across 7 sectors.
The project also aims to ensure these solutions connect seamlessly with electrical and heating networks.
- Elaborate a flexibility assessment methodology for industrial environments.
- Improve connectivity between the information and operational technology domains within the energy sector.
- Deliver a uniform and secure dynamic energy & process management platform that can support process flexibility.
- Promote clustering energy management methods to support local RES capacity and flexibility growth in industries.
- Demonstrate and validate the FLEXIndustries solutions in 7 real life industrial environments.
- Design and test sustainable business models to enable an inclusive energy transition for energy intensive industries
ENERGY INTENSIVE INDUSTRIES
FLEXIndustries is a strategic project to develop and test new energy efficiency solutions for energy intensive industries – the main beneficiaries of this project.
The transition toward more efficient energy sources and a novel management methodology for production processes will require a parallel support from standardization bodies. Building on existing standards ensures compatibility with market conditions and transparent rules for prospective customers.
ACADEMIA, RTOs, RESEARCHERS, SCIENTISTS AND TECHNICAL EXPERTS
To achieve and exploit the results, the project must involve the scientific community and draw on technical expertise. This will enable the advancement of knowledge and ensure the solutions fully match the needs of industry.
POLICY MAKERS AND FINANCING BODIES
Public institutions and policy makers stand to benefit from FLEXIndustries. The work undertaken will inform policy, including strategies such as the EU’s Green Deal. The project will also involve financial partners to help ensure solutions are cost-effective.